Our Mission is to identify Freshman and Sophomore college young men of color who, through leadership training and mentoring, are prepared and guided on their journey to become college graduates and effective leaders in the public, private and charitable sectors.
Our Vision: The Leadership Empowerment Project (LEP) will become a national model for effective development of men of color at the freshman and sophomore college levels. Our hope is that our training and development program will be considered a “best practice” and can be replicated in the short term statewide and ultimately at the national level..
- LEP reaching national penetration through the growth of the alumni network and the placement of LEP mentors and trainers.
- A train-the-trainer program so that national growth occurs.
- An “Each One, Reach One, Teach One” model that will be the basis of a strong LEP alumni network of men of color.
- The LEP program model for men of color to one day include an outreach to women of color.
- An LEP network of partners and individuals that can help develop resources that will fund all our visionary intentions so that we may reach as many young people who deserve an opportunity to realize their potential and understand the importance of their contributions to the world.